WARRANTY POLICY ON ALL NEW Machines
Southern Machinery warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from completion of installation, provided the products are installed as specified by Southern Machinery, maintained by qualified service personnel and the products are operated in accordance with published operating procedures. For purposes of the foregoing warranties the “completion of installation” shall be that date, within 90 days of shipment of Southern Machinery’s products from its factory, on which the products are installed and operating to the published specifications. If the customer believes a product to be defective in material or workmanship, or failing to meet the specifications, the customer shall notify Southern Machinery of such alleged defect or failure. Southern Machinery shall have a reasonable opportunity to investigate any alleged defect or failure, and upon confirmation of its existence Southern Machinery shall promptly remedy the same by repair or replacement, at its discretion and without charge. The seller warrants parts repaired or replaced for the duration of the original warranty period.
The warranty does not apply to:
1. Consumable parts as they are defined in this document.
2. Defects or failures as a result of non-compliance with U Southern Machinery’s installation specifications.
3. The customer’s failure to perform the recommended normal maintenance, set up and the adjustment of the equipment.
4. The customer’s alteration / modification to the equipment without Southern Machinery’s prior written approval.
5. Damages to the equipment resulting from non-compliance with published operating procedures.
6. The use of replacement parts not supplied by Southern Machinery or Southern Machinery’s approved suppliers.
Definition of Consumable Parts (Non Warranty):
A) Machine parts that come in direct contact with component processing.
Examples are, but are not limited to, insertion head tooling, chain clips, lead cutter tooling, etc.
B) Maintenance/bulk items.
Examples are, but are not limited to, lubricants, adhesives, light bulbs, fuses, seals, o-rings, etc.
All other machine parts are warranted for 12 months from the machine in-service date, completion of installation.
The life expectancy of consumable tooling is dependent on proper preventive maintenance, proper machine set-up, and the type of component used by the customer. A customer may experience greater life expectancy or less life expectancy depending on the above.