The following rules are specific to IM equipment (also known as Through
• Whenever powering the IM machine down for maintenance, follow
the next two procedures:
• On the AC power panel, push the breakers to the OFF
position. Also, at the AC power panel, turn the key to the
OFF position and remove.
• Attach a warning notice to the AC power panel showing the
machine is not operational and only the maintenance
technician is authorized to restore power.
• Disable the Full Command function to prevent machine operation
from a Host controller or UCT. This must be done if a maintenance
procedure requires machine power.
• Only qualified maintenance technicians are to use the Interlock
Bypass key switch to bypass the IM safety interlock circuits.
• Interlock Bypass: Never leave the Interlock Bypass key in the On
position except during maintenance. During non-maintenance
operations, the key switch must be in the Off Remove position with
the key removed to a secure area.